2 years ago
easy chicken fajitas are a family favorite!
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus 1 hour
- ¾ cup dark Mexican beer
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
halves, cut across grain into ½-inch-thick strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Salsa (optional)
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well.
- Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag. Add ¾ cup
beer mixture to bag; seal. Reserve remaining beer mixture. Marinate chicken in
refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Combine onion, bell peppers and remaining beer mixture
in a zip-top plastic bag and seal. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan
with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to pan; cook for 2 minutes on each
side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Remove onion and bell peppers from bag; discard
marinade. Add onion mixture to pan; cook for 6 minutes or until tender, turning
after 3 minutes.
- Toast tortillas in pan, if desired.
- Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates and divide
chicken mixture evenly among tortillas.
- Divide onion mixture evenly among servings.
- Garnish with jalapeño slices. Serve with salsa,
sour cream, and cilantro, if desired.