Chicken Breasts with Wild Rice Sauce
- 3 package frozen Byerly's Wild Rice Soup with Ham, 10 ounce
- 1/3 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 carton fresh mushrooms, sliced, 8 ounce
- 1/4 cup brandy
- cooked brown and wild rice
Soup makes it easy.
- Prepare soup according to package directions.
- Combine flour and seasonings. Coat chicken in flour mixture. Melt magarine in a heavy 12 inch skillet. Saute chicken over medium heat until golden brown on both sides (about 5 minutes). Stir in mushrooms, saute until browned (about 4 minutes). Remove any visible fat in bottom of skillet. Sprinkle brandy over the cooked chicken. Stir in warm soup. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally to prevent chicken from sticking to skillet. Remove chicken to a heated platter. Serve with a blend of brown and wild rice. Serve sauce in gravy boat.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.