Cheesy Basil Chicken Roll-ups
This dish may look fancy, but it comes together fast! Great for company, but simple enough for a weeknight.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless split chicken breasts
- ½ cup Boursin cheese
- 10-12 basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap to a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Spread cheese over the bottom half of each chicken piece.
- Spread basil leaves on top of cheese.
- Roll chicken up into tight cylinders, starting at one long side.
- Tie ends with string to secure.
- Dip chicken in egg, allowing excess to drip into bowl.
- Roll in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.)
- Place chicken in baking dish and drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake until cooked through, about 20-30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Remove string from chicken and cut rolls crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Spread rolls in fans on plates. Serve immediately, passing sauce separately.