1 year ago
Cheesy Asparagus Tart
springtime brunch is complete without this delightfully flaky, cheesy tart!
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
10-12 asparagus spears
1-2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Meanwhile, bring a sheet of puff pastry to room
temperature. Gently unfold or roll out the dough and, using a sharp knife,
score it about 1 inch from the edge, making a rectangle all the way around. This will be the “crust” once the pastry bakes.
- Inside the rectangle, pierce the dough every ½ inch or so to prevent bubbles.
- Bake the dough at 400 F for 15 minutes.
the baked pastry with 1-2 cups of shredded Gruyère.
- Lay full asparagus spears on top of the cheese and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes and serve.