3 months ago
Cheddar Roasted Cauliflower
This rustic veggie side dish is creamy, cheesy and so satisfying!
Preparation time: 1 hour
- Florets from 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (½ stick)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Aged Cheddar, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Aged Cheddar, grated
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the cauliflower for 2 minutes and place in cold water. Set aside.
- Add the Swiss chard to the water and blanch for 30 seconds; remove and place in a separate bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat the 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Once melted, add the flour and gently cook on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Using a whisk, add in the milk slowly, continuously whisking to avoid lumps.
- Season with salt and pepper; add in 1 cup Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and combined, then add in the oregano and set aside.
- Butter a 9-inch round baking dish or a 9×13-inch oven-safe dish.
- Mix the cauliflower, Swiss chard, cheese sauce and cherry tomatoes in a bowl, then place in the Pyrex dish.
- Melt the 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter; mix with panko and ½ cup of grated Black Diamond Reserve 1 Year Old Cheddar.
- Sprinkle the panko mixture over the cauliflower mixture and bake in the oven at 375 F for 35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- For extra crunch, set the broiler on high and place your oven-safe dish back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Pay close attention to not burn the topping.
Recipe source: Black Diamond