Calm & Grounded Coconut Body Butter
What you put on your skin should be just as healthy as what you put in your body. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer; lavender is known for its relaxing and calming effect; and patchouli is an amazing essential oil for staying grounded during hectic times. A fragrant and beneficial combination! Makes four 4-ounce jars.
- 1 cup Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Nutiva Refined Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ (5 millileter) bottle Veriditas Lavender Essential Oil
- 6 drops Veriditas Patchouli Essential Oil
- Start with all ingredients at room temperature (coconut oil should be solid).
- Scoop coconut oil into a large bowl or the basin of a stand mixer. Add essential oils.
- Using a mixer with whip attachment, mix on medium speed until ingredients are well combined, about 2 minutes. Increase speed to high and whip until the texture transforms from a solid “butter” to an airy, whipped soufflé.
- Divide between four 4-ounce glass mason jars. Because this body butter contains no water, it will remain stable at room temperature for up to 3 months. Apply liberally and enjoy!
Try these other essential oil options and have an assortment of healing body butters!
- Stress Relief: Lavender and Clary Sage essential oils
- Positive Energy: Bergamot and Lime essential oils
- Uplifting: Orange and Ylang-Ylang essential oils
Tip: If you’d like a stronger scent, add a few more drops of the essential oils.