- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups coarsely shredded cabbage, ( 1 small head)
- 2 cups canned tomato soup
Flavor is similar to Hungarian stuffed cabbage leaves, but preparation time is shorter.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice and seasonings. Spread 3 cups cabbage in 2 quart baking dish; cover with meat mixture and sprinkle with remaining 3 cups cabbage. Pour undiluted soup over top. Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 degree oven until cabbage is tender (about 1 hour).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.