Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, diced into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 corn tortillas
- 20 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- green onions, diced for topping
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add squash and cook until squash is soft and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Add an extra tablespoon of olive oil if you feel like it is needed so all of the squash is coated in oil.
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and black beans; stir well to combine with squash.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, spread about ½ cup of your enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Top with 6 corn tortillas. You’ll want them to overlap a little to cover the entire bottom.
- Spread about half of your butternut squash and black bean mixture over the tortillas, then about ¾ cup of enchilada sauce and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, butternut squash/black bean mixture, enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Top with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes, then cut and serve topped with green onions. Enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.