- 2 cups Butter, softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Melt in your mouth cut-outs, molded or spritz cookies.
- In mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into sugar mixture just until blended. Refrigerate, covered. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll part of dough 1/8" thick on lightly floured surface; keep remainder of dough refrigerated. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar (optional). Bake until set, but not brown (6-8 minutes). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of sugared glass, ceramic cookie press or fork. Bake until set, but not brown (8-10 minutes). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Force dough through cookie press, following manufacturer's directions, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, but not brown (7-9 minutes). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dough must be pliable. If dough is too soft, chll; if dough crumbles, let stand at room temperature.
For Cookie Cut-Outs:
For Molded Cookies:
For Spritz Cookies:
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.