Busy Day Beef Supper
- 5 pounds Lean ground beef
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup
A Do-Ahead Do-Ahead mix for quick suppers.
- In large kettle or Dutch oven, brown ground beef with onion and celery; drain. Add remaining ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Package in 2-cup freezer containers; freeze for later use. Amount: 6 pints
- Sloppy Joes: Simmer 1 pint ground beef mix until heated through. Spoon onto toasted hamburger buns. Amount: 8 (1/4 cup) Sloppy Joes
- Tacos: Simmer 1 pint ground beef mix with 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix and 1/4 cup water until heated through. Spoon 2 tablespoons mix in bottom of taco shells. Add shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato. Amount: 16 tacos
- Chili: Simmer 1 pint ground beef mix with 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, 1 (1 pound) can stewed tomatoes and 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix until heated through. Amount: 4 (1 cup) servings
- Goulash: Cook 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni according to package directions; drain. Simmer 1 pint ground beef mix with cooked noodles, 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained, 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce and 1/4 cup ketchup until heated through. Amount: 8 (1 cup) servings
- Spaghetti: Simmer 1 pint ground beef mix with 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce and 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package Italian style spaghetti sauce mix until heated through. Serve over 1 (7 ounce) package cooked spaghetti. Amount: 4 (1 cup) servings
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.