- 4 cups walnuts
- 3 (10ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, ground fine
- 1/2 pound grated Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces goat feta cheese, crumbled in large pieces
- 4 organic eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- whole wheat buns
- avocado slices
- Toast walnuts; cool. Grind in blender or food processor until coarsely ground. Press spinach to drain excess water. Combine all ingredients except buns and topping, in a large bowl until moistened. Scoop 1/2 cup of burger mix and form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Place on parchemnt-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 F in preheated oven until burger is lighlty golden around edges (20-25 minutes). Place burger on bun with toppings and condiments of choice.
- Note: These freeze wonderfully. If you have extra cooked patties freeze for up to two months.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.