- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 pounds chicken wing drumettes
- jumbo zipper closure food storage bag
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Byerly's Blue Cheese Dressing
- celery sticks
A Do-Ahead Spicy Appetizer.
- In large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients. Rinse chicken, drain; pat dry. Pour into food storage bag. Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag; refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Grill Method: Place chicken wings and marinade into rectangular-shaped glass baking dish; cover with wax paper. Microwave (HIGH) until exterior is no longer pink (10 to 15 minutes), stirring twice to rearrange. Spray grill with vegetable cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange hot chicken wings on grill 4 to 5" above medium-hot coals. Grill chicken, uncovered, turning constantly until crispy and golden brown (20 to 25 minutes).
- Oven Method: Spray rack of broiler pan with no stick cooking spray. Arrange drained chicken wings on racks. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until browned and cooked through (45 to 50 minutes). Serve hot with blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce and celery sticks.
- Tip: For a little "zing", use 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce! For a moderate amount of "zing", use 1 1/2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce!! For a lot of "zing", use 2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce!!!
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.