Breast of Chicken Parmigiana
- 4 chicken breasts, boned
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup reduced sodium spaghetti sauce
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese, (4 X 4)
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese, (4 X 4)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Halve chicken breasts boned, then pound them flat. Dip in beaten egg and milk, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In a 10" skillet, melt margarine and saute chicken breasts over medium heat until brown.
- Cover bottom of 9 X 9 casserole with 1/2 cup of sauce; then layer chicken breasts, a slice of Swiss and a slice of mozzarella. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Bake, covered at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Recipe Adjustments for Breast of Chicken Parmigiana:
Select diet; follow recipe using substitutions below.
Reduced Sodium: Use low sodium cheese. 383 mg sodium per serving.
Reduced Cholesterol: Use 1/4 cup Egg Beaters in place of egg. Use low cholesterol cheese. 111 mg cholesterol per serving.
Reduced Calorie: Reduce portion size to 1/6 of recipe. 329 calories per serving.
Diabetic Exchange (for original recipe): 6 meat exchanges & 1 starch exchange per serving.