- 3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 refrigerated 9-inch piecrusts
- 4 tablespoons ketchup, mustard or taco sauce
- 8 ounces cooked, drained bacon or sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese, (cheddar mozzarella or swiss)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt 1-tablespoon butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Whisk together eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into hot skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. While eggs are still a little runny, gently stir in sour cream. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer but not until completely set. Remove from stove and let sit 15 minutes.
- Cut each piecrust in half. Brush each half with 1 tablespoon of ketchup, mustard or taco sauce. Place one-fourth of the eggs on bottom half of each crust half, leaving a one-inch border uncovered. Top with one-fourth of bacon, sausage or ham. Sprinkle one-fourth cup of desired cheese over meat.
- Gently fold top of crust half over to enclose egg-meat mixture forming a wedge. Using fingers, gently press edges to enclose, then use fork seal edges. Transfer to baking sheet and with knife cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Melt remaining butter and brush over each pocket. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and allow to sit 5 to 10 minutes before eating.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.