Breakfast Burrito Bowl
Start the day on a great note with this flavorful, protein-packed breakfast bowl!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup L&B Quinoa, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 L&B Brat
- 1 teaspoon L&B Cumin
- 1 teaspoon L&B Coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons (divided) California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can Full Circle Organic Black Beans, undrained
- 4 L&B Organic Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup L&B Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- Remove brat from casing, crumble into medium saucepan and cook thoroughly over medium heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic, coriander and cumin.
- Add black beans, with liquid, to sausage and simmer for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- While beans and sausage are simmering, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick pan, crack eggs into pan and cook to desired doneness.
- Divide cooked quinoa (¼ cup per serving) and bean mixture into four separate bowls; top with one egg each.
- Sprinkle with divided jalapeños, scallions and cilantro, and serve with 2 tablespoons pico de gallo per serving.
- Top with arugula and ⅛ avocado (sliced) per serving. Add any other toppings or seasonings as desired.
Calories: 370 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 520mg Carbohydrate: 36g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 5g Protein: 23g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.