Brandied Fruit Cake
- 1 (8 ounce) package natural candied pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package assorted candied pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package candied red cherries
- 1 (8 ounce) package candied green cherries
- 1 (1 pound) package pitted dates
- 4 cups whole shelled Brazil nuts, (about 5 ounces per cup)
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brandy, or rum
Fruit and nuts are cut as the cake is sliced.
- Combine pineapple in bowl with remaining uncut fruit and whole nuts. Sprinkle flour over fruit-nut mixture and toss until well coated. Beat eggs until foamy; beat in sugar, salt, baking powder and brandy until smooth and stir into fruit-nut mixture. Spoon into 2 foil-lined, greased 9x5 inch or 6 foil-lined, greased 5 1/2x3 1/4 inch loaf pans. Bake in 275 degree oven until tests done with wooden pick (about 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours). Remove from pan, cool, wrap in foil or transparent wrap. Refrigerate.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.