Blackberry Lavender Soy Bombe
- 3/4 cup Hain Raw Cane Sugar, and
- 2 tablespoons Hain Raw Cane Sugar
- 2/3 cup Water
- 4 (halfpint) containers blackberries
- 1 tablespoon golden fig dried lavender
- 8 ounces Lindt White Chocolate, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 2 pints Vanilla Tofutti Frozen Dessert
- Boil the sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. Add lavender and let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature to draw the flavors out of the lavender; refrigerate until cold. Puree the blackberries in a food processor and put through a strainer to remove seeds. Strain lavender from the chilled syrup. Measure 2 3/4 cups of puree, add it to the chilled syrup. Refrigerate, covered overnight; then freeze according to the directions on your ice cream maker. If desired, fold in white chocolate. Line a 3-quart stainless steel bowl or dessert mold with plastic wrap. Press 1 pint of Tofutti into bottom of bowl, then layer 1/2 of sorbet on top of Tofutti, repeat with remaining Tofutti and sorbet. Cover top with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight, or up to 2 months.
- To Serve: Remove wrap and invert onto platter. Remove plastic wrap. Serve with your favorite shortbread cookie. Amount: 8-10 servings
- Tip: If you have extra blackberry puree, add honey until desired sweetness and use within a week as a topping for this dessert. Allow 48 hours for preparation.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.