Big Bean Pot
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped (2-2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 can kidney beans, drained, 15 ounce
- 1 can butter beans, drained, 15 1/2 ounce
- 1 can lima beans, drained, 15 ounce
- 3 cans baked beans, 16 ounce
Use a roaster, Dutch oven, or 4 quart casserole.
- In large roaster, saute bacon and onions, drain. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 F oven until bubbly and hot (about 1-1 1/2 hours). Let stand 15-20 before serving.
Beef Bean Casserole: In large skillet, saute 3 pounds ground beef with bacon and onions. Drain off excess fat and juices; add to recipe above.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.