Beyond California Burger
- For vegan sun-dried tomato aioli:
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- For caramelized onions:
- 1 tablespoon L&B Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- For burger:
- ½ tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 Beyond Burger patties
- 2 slices Daiya Dairy-Free Cheddar Style Cheese
- 2 wheat burger buns
- 4 slices tomato
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
To make vegan sun-dried tomato aioli: in a medium bowl, combine the vegan mayo, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, garlic and lemon-pepper seasoning and whisk together until smooth.
To caramelize the onions: Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the oil, onions and salt. Let the onions cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are brown and soft. Remove from heat and transfer the caramelized onions to a small bowl.
To make the burger: In a medium skillet, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat and add the Beyond Burger patties. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until the patties are browned and reach an internal temp of 165 F.
Add a slice of Daiya cheddar cheese to each patty and cover until the cheese is melted. Remove patties from the skillet and set on a plate.
To assemble the burger, spread aioli on each side of the burger bun, add the patties, and top with tomato, avocado slices, caramelized onions and arugula.