Beer Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can Chicken Broth
- 4 cups Milk
- 1(12 ounce) can beer
- 3 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Topped with popcorn or other garnishes.
- In large kettle, cook onion in margarine until soft. Blend in flour and seasonings; gradually stir in broth, milk and beer. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir until thickened. Add cheese, stirring and heating until smooth.
- Ladle into soup cups or bowls. Garnish with popcorn, croutons, minced parsley, chives, minced green onion or crumbled crisp bacon.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.