Servings:*30 mini bunwiches
- 1 (56 pound) boneless rump roast
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 beef flavored bouillon cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 (1 ounce) envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Byerly's small Hard Rolls or Turkey Buns
A Do-Ahead Roast ahead, refrigerate; reheat at serving.
- Arrange roast in a large roaster or Dutch oven; add water, bouillon cubes and garlic. Sprinkle with soup mix, sugar and cinnamon. Bake, covered, in a preheated 325 F oven until very tender (2 1/2-3 hours). Remove meat from juice; cool. Skim fat from pan juices. Slice meat very thin; return slices to juice. Refrigerate, covered.
- To Serve: Heat in preheated 325 F oven until heated through (about 30 minutes). Spoon meat and juice onto buns.
- Italian Beef Sandwiches: Drain 1 (10 ounce) bottle pepperoncini in vinegar. Cut off stems. Slice into julienne strips. Layer with cooked beef slices when returning to liquid.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.