- 1.5 pounds top sirloin
- .25 cup margarine or butter
- 1(8oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1(10.5oz) can beef consomme
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1(8oz) carton sour cream
Serve over rice or noodles.
- Cut meat diagonally into thin slices.
- Melt margarine in large skillet.
- Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir meat into skillet, cook over medium heat until meat is browned and most liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in consomme. Simmer, covered, until meat is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Shake wine and flour in tightly covered container; stir gradualy into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in catsup, mustard and sour cream; heat through. Do no boil.
Tip: Partially freeze meat for easier slicing.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.