Beef 'N Barley Soup
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 9 cups Water
- 9 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cubed rutabaga
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained, cut-up
- 3/4 cup medium barley
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
With lots of veggies.
- Brown meat in oil in Dutch oven. Stir in onion and garlic, cook until onion is tender. Stir in next 11 ingredients. Cover, bring to boiling. Reduce heat, simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir in green beans, simmer until barley and beans are tender (about 15 minutes). Remove bay leaf.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.