Beef Eye Round - Butterflied N Grilled
- 3 pounds beef eye round roast
- 1 zipper closure food storage bag, large
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
A Do-Ahead A beef lover's delight.
- Cut roast in half down center; place in food storage bag. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; reserve 2 tablespoons for basting. Pour remaining marinade over meat; seal bag. Refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- To Grill: Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange roast on grill rack 4-5" over medium coals. Grill, covered, until meat is rare to medium in doneness (20-30 minutes), turning once and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Carve into thin slices.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.