Beef and Guinness Stew
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces, about 2 pound
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoons Black Pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bottle Guinness Extra Stout, 12 ounce
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- cooked egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Toss beef with flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat on all sides; remove. Add chopped onion to Dutch oven; cook until translucent (about 3 minutes). Return browned meat to pan. Stir in garlic, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in Guinness, tomato puree and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Bake, covered, 2 hours. Remove cover; stir in carrots and pearl onions. Continue baking, covered, until meat and carrots are tender (about 30 minutes). Remove bay leaf; discard. Serve stew over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
FoodE Tip: If you prefer, 2 pounds beef stew meat can be substituted for the beef chuck roast.