- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, (4-6)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup bran flakes cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
Freeze ripe bananas in their peels in freezer bags. Thaw when ready to use.
- Cream margarine and sugar, beat in eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients just until well combined. Spread batter into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2x4 1/2-inch loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until deep golden brown (about 65 minutes). Remove from pans, cool on wire rack.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.