- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing pan
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 L&B Large Organic Brown Eggs, room temperature
- 5 medium, very ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoons L&B Organic Ground Cinnamon
Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter.
In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the brown sugar and cream for 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides as needed.
One at a time, mix in the eggs.
Mix in the bananas until only small lumps remain.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
In a small bowl, stir together the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the batter.
Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely. Leftovers can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from: New York Times