Baked Coconut Shrimp with Tropical Pineapple Dip
- 1 pound butterflied shrimp, (peeled deveined, tail removed, optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup panko Japanese-style breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
- Lunds & Byerlys Meyer Lemon and Grapeseed Oil Spritzer
- Tropical Pineapple Dip, recipe below
From the Lunds & Byerlys Real Food, Winter 2005 issue.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 10 minutes.
- In a flat dish combine coconut and bread crumbs. Dip shrimp in egg white and roll in coconut mixture. Arrange single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with Lunds & Byerlys Meyer Lemon and Grapeseed Oil Spritzer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then spray shrimp with more spritzer.
- Bake, covered lightly with foil, in a preheated 500 F oven for 5 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until coconut is browned and shrimp is cooked through (about 6 minutes longer). Serve with Tropical Pineapple Dip.
- Combine 1/2 cup crème fraîche, 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained), 1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Island Breeze, and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Cayenne. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.