Baked Berry Oatmeal
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Organic Valley 2% milk
- 2 Lunds & Byerlys organic large eggs
- 1/4 cup Lunds & Byerlys maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 medium organic bananas, ripe, sliced
- 1/3 cup Lunds & Byerlys dried cranberries
- 1 pint blueberries
Who likes super easy? Who likes grab and go in the morning? Who likes tasty? Who likes healthy? Ok; then make this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup and melted butter. Set aside.
- Spread sliced bananas, cranberries and 2/3 of the blueberries across bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle oat mixture on top of fruit. Pour milk mixture over all. Sprinkle remaining blueberries across the top. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then cut into approximately 2.75 in x 4 in to make 6 pieces.
- Calories: 420 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrate: 61g Fiber: 8g Sugars: 28g Protein: 11g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Can be made ahead, kept refrigerated and then heated in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Optional: Top with yogurt and more fresh fruit.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.