Baked Berry Oatmeal
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Organic Valley 2% milk
- 2 Lunds & Byerlys organic large eggs
- 1/4 cup Lunds & Byerlys maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 medium organic bananas, ripe, sliced
- 1/3 cup Lunds & Byerlys dried cranberries
- 1 pint blueberries
Who likes super easy? Who likes grab and go in the morning? Who likes tasty? Who likes healthy? Ok; then make this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup and melted butter. Set aside.
- Spread sliced bananas, cranberries and 2/3 of the blueberries across bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle oat mixture on top of fruit. Pour milk mixture over all. Sprinkle remaining blueberries across the top. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then cut into approximately 2.75 in x 4 in to make 6 pieces.
Can be made ahead, kept refrigerated and then heated in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Optional: Top with yogurt and more fresh fruit.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.