Baked Berry Oatmeal
Looking for a tasty, healthy breakfast to grab and go in
the morning? If so, then this baked oatmeal is the answer! Serve with yogurt
and more fresh fruit, if desired.
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- ½ cup pecan pieces, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Organic Valley 2% Milk
- 2 Lunds & Byerlys Organic Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Lunds
& Byerlys Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 medium organic bananas, ripe, sliced
- ⅓ cup Lunds & Byerlys Dried Cranberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 F. Butter an 8-inch
square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine oats, pecans,
baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk,
eggs, maple syrup and melted butter. Set aside.
- Spread sliced bananas, cranberries
and ⅔ of the blueberries across bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle oat mixture on top of fruit.
Pour milk mixture over all. Sprinkle remaining blueberries across the top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes,
then cut into squares to serve.
- Tip: Can be made
ahead, kept refrigerated and then heated in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 420 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrate: 61g Fiber: 8g Sugars: 28g Protein: 11g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.