Baby Kale Salad with Shrimp
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Coarse French Sea Salt
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen L&B 41-50 count Cooked Tail-Off Shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 ⅓ cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ⅓ cups diced cucumber
- 1 whole avocado, peeled and diced
- 4 cups baby kale
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Special equipment: 4 1-quart Mason jars
To make the dressing: add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey and salt to a small bowl and whisk to emulsify.
To make the salad: in 4 1-quart Mason jars, layer the remaining ingredients in the following order, evenly distributing them between the jars: dressing, shrimp, celery, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, kale and parsley.
When you’re ready to eat, turn the jar over and shake to distribute the dressing. Serve in individual-size salad dishes.
Optional: add a few raw walnuts or other nuts, chopped green olives or pickled beets.