Asparagus and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon L&B Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato halves with Italian herbs
- 12 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or cooking oil of your choice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh basil, rough chopped, for serving
Heat oven to 400 F. Place the chicken on a flat surface and slice it lengthwise down the middle to create a pocket.
Season the chicken on both sides with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
Stuff the chicken with the mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus spears.
Heat the avocado oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat.
Place the chicken in the pan and sear on the first side for 3 to 4 minutes. Then, flip and sear on the second side for 3 to 4 minutes.
Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
Remove the chicken from the oven and baste it with the juices from the bottom of the pan. Top with fresh basil and serve.