Asian Sloppy Joes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 (10oz) bottle Thai peanut dipping sauce
- 6 Lunds & Byerlys Hamburger Buns
- 3/4 cup prepared coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, (optional)
You can also use this filling for lettuce wraps.
- In medium skillet, heat oil. Add onion, celery and bell pepper; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook, stirring to break up chicken, until no longer pink.
- Stir in peanut sauce; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Divide chicken mixture evenly among hamburger bun bottoms; top each with 2 tablespoons coleslaw. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Add hamburger bun tops; serve immediately.
FoodE Tip: Our Thai peanut sauce can also be used in chicken, pork and vegetable stir-fries or as a dipping sauce for chicken, pork or shrimp satay.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.