2 years ago
This easy but impressive gluten-free vegetable side dish can also be served as an appetizer on crostini. Time-saving tip: this recipe can be made in advance and reheated.
Preparation time: 1 hour
⅛ pound Boar’s Head prosciutto, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
¾ cup minced onion
1 (28-ounce) can La Valle San Marzano Italian Tomatoes, drained
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
½ cup water
½ teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Roughly chop prosciutto.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil; cook prosciutto, garlic and onions until onions are soft and golden-brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until liquid evaporates and sauce thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and place in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Place artichokes in a 1 ½ to 2-quart gratin pan. Top with tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until sauce thickens and cheese has melted.