Apple Stuffed Pork Loin with Applejack Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cored, diced Honeycrisp apple
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Poultry Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Petite Whole Grain Roll, cubed
- 1 inch boneless pork loin roast, butterflied and flattened into an approximately 8wide, ¾thick, rectangle by butcher, 2 pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons applejack or apple juice
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apple, onion, celery, 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté until tender (8-10 minutes); transfer to bowl.
- In food processor, process bread cubes into coarse crumbs. Stir into apple mixture.
- Unfold roast into rectangle; spread apple mixture over meat to within ¾ inch of lengthwise edges. Roll jelly roll fashion; place seam side down on cutting board. Using kitchen twine, tie roast at 1 inch intervals.
- Brush roast surface with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning. Arrange on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated 350 F oven until internal temperature reaches 155 F (50-60 minutes). Transfer roast to cutting board; allow to rest 10 minutes while making sauce.
- Discard fat from baking pan. Deglaze pan with applejack or apple juice, scraping up browned bits; reduce to 2 tablespoons. Add chicken broth, apple juice and cream to pan. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat, stirring, until thickened (7-8 minutes).
- Remove twine from roast; slice1 inch thick. Arrange on serving dish; drizzle with sauce.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.