Apple Sausage Muffins
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tube bulk pork sausage, 16 ounce
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled, cored, diced Granny Smith apple
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Pork, 6 ounce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoonss minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and sauté onion 3-4 minutes. Add sausage, red pepper, apple, garlic and crushed red pepper, if desired. Break sausage up with back of spoon as it cooks. Cook until sausage is no longer pink (15 minutes).
- Add chicken broth to skillet; bring to boil. Stir in stuffing mix; remove form heat and allow to sit 5 minutes. Stir in cheese, parsley and sage.
- Cool 10 minutes; stir in egg.
- Spray 1 (12 cup) muffin tin with cooking spray. Using an ice cream scoop, fill and mound the stuffing in each muffin tin. Brush tops of muffins with melted butter.
- Bake until sent in center and crisp on top (30-35 minutes). Transfer to cooling rack and allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.