Apple Crisp - On The Lighter Side
- 4 cups peeled, cored, sliced apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- Yogurt Sauce, below
Choose your favorite...Braeburn, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith or Rome Beauty apples.
- In 8 inch baking pan or 1 1/2 quart casserole, arrange sliced apples. Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and margarine; sprinkle over apples. Bake in a preheated 375 F oven until apples are tender and top is brown (about 30 minutes). Serve warm with Yogurt Sauce.
- Yogurt Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate; mix well.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.