Apple Cranberry Crisp
- 6 large Braeburn apples, peeled, thinly sliced, (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- Lavender Honey and Mascarpone Topping, (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, combine sliced apples, cranberries, sugar, ¼ cup flour, lemon juice and nutmeg until apples are well coated. Spoon into 9x13-inch glass baking dish. In small bowl, combine remaining flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour in butter; mix thoroughly. Spoon mixture evenly over filling. Bake, uncovered, until browned and apples are tender (50-60 minutes). Serve warm with a dollop of Lavender Honey and Mascarpone Topping.
- Lavender Honey and Mascarpone Topping: In mixer bowl, beat together 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese, 1 cup whipping cream and 2 tablespoons lavender honey at medium speed until soft peaks form. Refrigerate, covered.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.