Appetizer Surf & Turf for Two
Servings:*2 appetizer servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys Sel Gris, Grey Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large sea scallops
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 beef tenderloin steak, 4-ounce
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add sea salt, truffle oil and pepper. Keep warm over very low heat.
- In small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Pat beef dry with paper towels; place in hot skillet and sear 2-3 minutes for rare (longer for medium rare). Turn and sear additional 2-3 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and allow to sit while cooking scallops.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; add remaining olive oil to skillet. When oil is hot, add scallops and sear 2 minutes; turn and sear additional 2 minutes.
- Cut beef into 8 cubes; arrange 4 cubes on each of two small plates. Add two scallops to each plate. Spoon butter over and serve hot. Accompany with appetizer forks.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.