Appetizer idea: Maple BLT Pizza
You can serve this sweet and savory pizza as an appetizer or for dinner! Pairs well with Pinot Noir.
- 1 (16-ounce) ball purchased fresh pizza dough
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Bacon Onion Jam
- 12 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 5 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup arugula or baby spinach
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 475 F.
- Stretch pizza dough to ¼-½ inch thick round and place on a heated pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Layer the dough evenly with Maple Bacon Onion Jam and shredded Gouda cheese. Top with bacon pieces and crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Top with arugula, tomatoes and pine nuts. Cut and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Stonewall Kitchen