Appetizer idea: Mango Pomegranate Guacamole
Fresh mangoes and bright pomegranate seeds add an unexpectedly
sweet, tropical twist to this fresh guacamole. Serve with plantain chips or Lunds
& Byerlys Tortilla Chips. Pairs well with Excelsior Brewing Big Island
- 4 ripe avocados (2 pounds total)
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 fresh serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped (about 2
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1¼ teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- ¾ cup diced peeled mango
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
pit and peel avocados. Coarsely mash in a bowl.
- Stir in onion, chiles, ¼ cup lime
juice and 1¼ teaspoons salt.
- Fold in pomegranate seeds, mango and
- Season with salt and additional lime
juice. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious