1 year ago
Appetizer idea: Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs
These little meatball appetizers will get everyone talking! You can make them with ground chicken or ground turkey.
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour (or another flour of your choice)
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
For the kung pao sauce
- ¼ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Scallions, chopped (optional), for topping
- Heat oven to 400 F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place all meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Make 1-inch meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Tip: moisten your hands with water to make handling the raw meat easier.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes, or until tops begin to turn golden brown.
- While meatballs are cooking, mix all the kung pao ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the meatballs have cooled slightly, toss in the sauce. Serve hot, topped with chopped scallions.
Recipe adapted from Fit Foodie Finds