Appetizer idea: Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
A great appetizer for spring and summer gatherings! Tip:
Careful timing is crucial to keep these subtly seasoned shrimp tender and
tasty. Serve with a glass of rosé.
If you want to save time, just pick up our Butchers Kitchen Dragon Breath Shrimp Skewers, which are marinated with sesame oil, Louisiana Fireball Cajun Spice Blend, Tabasco Sauce, garlic, cumin, poblano peppers, dried Arbol peppers and red pepper flakes. They come seasoned and ready to grill! Look for them in the Meat & Seafood department and follow the directions below from Step 3.
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ⅜ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 24 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked
- Combine first 6 ingredients in food storage bag. Add
shrimp. Seal bag. Refrigerate several hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain shrimp. Arrange shrimp on skewers.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium. Spray with nonstick
cooking spray. Arrange skewers on grill rack 5 inches over direct heat. Grill
kabobs, covered, until shrimp are opaque (about 2 minutes per side). Tip: The
skewers are easiest to turn with long-handled tongs.