Appetizer Idea: Classic Chicken Wings
Marinate your wings overnight in this sensational sweet-sour sauce sparked with garlic and ginger for an appetizer that’s sure to please! Pairs well with Insight Brewing Lambton Dragon.
Makes about 30 wings
Preparation time: 1 ½ hours, not including marinating time
3 pounds chicken wings (about 5 per pound)
1 cup water
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup sugar
¼ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Cut wings at joints into 3 pieces (reserve tips for another use). Rinse wing pieces; pat dry with paper towels.
- In large bowl, combine water, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, oil, gingerroot and garlic; reserve 1 cup marinade in the refrigerator.
- Arrange wings in a 1-gallon plastic food storage bag. Add remaining marinade; remove air to bring marinade in contact with wings. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Place cooling rack in a 10×15-inch foil-lined jelly roll pan. Arrange wings on rack. Bake, uncovered, until brown (about 50 minutes).
- To serve, bring reserved 1 cup marinade to a boil until it thickens slightly. Place wings on serving tray and top with marinade.