Angel Food Cupcakes with Raspberry Swirl
Servings:*32 Medium Cupcakes
- 16 ounce box angel food cake mix
- 10 ounce jar Lunds and Byerlys Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Melted Butter
- Fresh Raspberries
- Mint Leaves
A raspberry surprise delights each bite.
- Prepare cake batter following package directions. Spoon scant 3 tablespoons of prepared batter into 32 paper-lined muffin pans. Bake until cupcakes are golden brown (12-15 minutes). Cool cupcakes in paper liners on cooling rack. To prepare filling, in small saucepan combine preserves and water. Heat on medium until jam is soft; remove from heat and strain into a small bowl to remove seeds. Place strained jam in a disposable pastry bag until ready to use. Using a wooden skewer, make a hole in the center of each cupcake the diameter of a pen. Fill holes with approximately one teaspoon of prepared filling. To prepare glaze, in small bowl combine powdered sugar, orange juice and butter; whisk until smooth. Let mixture rest for 5 minutes before glazing cupcakes. Using a spoon, glaze cupcakes with topping. Top each cupcake with a fresh raspberry and a small mint leaf.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.