Almond-Dried Cherry Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Almond and cherry complement one another.
- Flatten chicken between wax paper with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin to an even thickness. Combine goat cheese, dried cherries, 1/4 cup chopped almonds and lemon zest. Place 1/4 of mixture at one end of each chicken breast and roll, tucking in ends; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a plate, combine remaining 1/4 cup chopped almonds and panko bread crumbs. Dip each breast in egg and roll all sides in bread crumb mixture. Place in freezer for one hour. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden on all sides (about 6-8 minutes). Place pan in preheated 375 F oven until chicken is no longer pink, juices run clear and temperature reaches 170 F on an instant-read thermometer (about 20 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.