Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/8 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1 Lunds & Byerlys organic large egg
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 3 tbsp (divided) California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 18 oz ( 3 breasts) organic boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" strips
- 2 cups Lunds & Byerlys Farrout Broccoli Kale Deli Salad
A delicious and easy kid friendly meal that’s a healthier gluten free version of the typical fried chicken fingers. These can also be made ahead, chilled and used for school lunches, or try it out for breakfast instead of bacon!
- Place almond flour in an 8 x 8 cake pan. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine egg and water and whisk to combine.
- Preheat half of the olive oil over medium heat in large nonstick skillet. Take half of the chicken strips and one at a time dunk them in the egg batter, then in the almond flour mixture. Place each strip in the preheated skillet. Repeat until pan is full. Sauté until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes, then using tongs repeat on other side. Remove from pan and let cool on paper towel. Wipe sauté pan out with paper towel removing any particles of food. Repeat process with remaining chicken strips.
- Divide chicken strips into 4 servings. Portion ½ cup of Farrout Broccoli Kale Salad onto each plate. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 360 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 3.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 460mg Carbohydrate: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 3g Protein: 27g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.