Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers
Kid-friendly chicken fingers made gluten-free! These can also be made ahead, chilled and used for school lunches, or try them for breakfast instead of bacon.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1 ⅛ cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
1 Lunds & Byerlys organic large egg
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil, divided
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips, or about 10-15 boneless chicken tenders
2 cups Lunds & Byerlys Farrout Broccoli Kale Deli Salad
- Place almond flour in an 8 x 8 cake pan. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine egg and water; whisk to combine.
- Heat half of the olive oil over medium heat in large nonstick skillet.
- Take half of the chicken strips and dunk them in the egg batter, then in the almond flour mixture, one at a time.
- Place each strip in the hot skillet. Repeat until pan is full. Sauté until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes; use tongs to flip and repeat on other side.
- Remove from pan and let cool on paper towel. Wipe sauté pan out with paper towel, removing any particles of food.
- Repeat process with remaining chicken strips.
- Divide chicken strips into 6 servings. Portion 1/3 cup of Farrout Broccoli Kale Salad onto each plate. Serve immediately.
Calories: 360 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 3.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 460mg Carbohydrate: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 3g Protein: 27g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.