Almond Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
A shortbread-like layer is enhanced with a brown sugar-almond topping. A superb, delicately flavored bar for all occasions.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and powdered sugar until fluffy; beat in flour. Press evenly in ungreased 9x9" baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned (12-15 minutes); remove from oven. In small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter; stir in brown sugar, lemon juice and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in almonds and almond extract. Spread evenly over crust. Bake until bubbly in center (10-15 minutes longer). Cool slightly; cut into bars. Cool completely. These bars may be frozen.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.