All Purpose Barbeque Marinade
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
An all-purpose sauce for barbequed meat.
- Combine the bourbon or sherry with the oil, stirring slowly.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into plastic resealable food bag; add meat and marinate for 2 hours.
- For a mild flavor, use marinade just as a basting sauce; for a stronger seasoning, pour it over fish, cover, and chill for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning fish occasionally to marinate on all sides.
- Reduced Sodium: Use 1 tablespoon low salt soy sauce. Add 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander. 109 mg sodium per serving.
- Reduced Cholesterol: No change.
- Reduced Calorie: No change.
- Diabetic Exchange (for original recipe): 3 1/2 fat exchanges
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.